By: Davine Holness
Actions speak louder than words. Couples and marriage partners often say they love each other, but how do they show it? Here are some clues that have been found by psychological research to be signs of being in love. People who are in love…
- Find time for each other. They want to spend as much time with each other as they can.
- Ask each other about their day, keeping lines of communication open.
- Trust each other, giving each other the benefit of the doubt.
- Provide help for each other when it’s needed
- Respect each other’s points of view, even if there is disagreement.
- Include each other in important decisions.
- Show affection and are emotionally intimate. They show signs of physical closeness.
- Look at each other and enjoy each other’s presence.
- Reminisce together, reliving enjoyable moments.
- See the relationship as worth fighting for.
- Boost each other’s self esteem and make each other feel valued.
For help with any kind of relationship issues, feel free to talk to the experienced marriage and relationship counselors, psychologists, psychiatrists and psychotherapists at Arista Counseling and Psychotherapy at (201) 368-3700 or (212) 996-3939.
Krauss, S. (2014, March 15). 11 Ways to Tell if Your Lover Loves You. Retrieved June 9, 2014